Multiple Choice Practice for The Postwar Period and the Cold War
Welcome to Unit 8 AP US History Multiple Choice Questions
! Grab some paper and a pencil 📄 to record your answers as you go. You can see how you did on the Unit 8 Practice Questions Answers and Review sheet once you're done. Don't worry, we have tons of resources available if you get stumped 😕 on a question. And if solo study is not your thing, join a group in Hours
Not ready to take a quiz yet? Take a look at the Intro to Unit 8
Image courtesy of Pixabay
Facts about the test:
The AP US History exam has 55 multiple choice questions and you will be given 55 minutes to complete the section. That means it should take you around 1 minute per question
The following questions were not written by College Board and, although they cover information outlined in the AP US History Course and Exam Description, the formatting on the exam may be different.
1. All of the following were aspects of U.S. containment except...
A. Truman Doctrine
B. Warsaw Pact
D. Marshall Plan
2. Truman's proposal including health insurance, civil rights reform, higher minimum wages, and aid to education was known as the...
A. Fair Deal
B. Square Deal
C. New Frontier
D. New Deal
3. All of the following are associated with the Second Red Scare except...
B. The Rosenbergs
D. the Palmer Raids
4. Which plan was created to counter the Soviet threat in the Middle East following World War II and designed to prevent the spread of communism in that region?
A. Marshall Plan
B. Truman Doctrine
C. Eisenhower Doctrine
D. Flexible Response
5. All of the following were aspects of the booming post-World War II economy except...
A. Baby Boom
C. GI Bill
6. A movement contributing to the rise of the Civil Rights movement of the 1950s that was inspired by World War II was the...
D. Double V Campaign
7. What incident demonstrates the unwillingness of local officials to enforce the Supreme Court Decision in Brown vs. Board of Education?
A. Rosa Park's arrest
B. Little Rock, Arkansas 1957
C. The Freedom Riders
D. The Birmingham Riot
8. During John F. Kennedy's presidency, the following cold war events took place except...
A. Korean War
B. Bay of Pigs invasion
C. Berlin Wall
D. Cuban Missile Crisis
9. Lyndon Johnson's Great Society programs designed to expand some of the social reforms of the New Deal were partially inspired by the book...
A. How the Other Half Lives
B. Silent Spring
C. The Other America
D. The Lonely Crowd
10. All of the following Civil Rights Leaders were murdered in the 1960s except...
A. Malcolm X
B. Martin Luther Kings Jr.
C. Robert Kennedy
D. Earl Warren
11. What provided President Johnson with the authority to send troops into combat in Vietnam?
A. the explosion of the USS Maine
B. Gulf of Tonkin Resolution
C. the TET Offensive
D. the invasion of South Vietnam by the Vietcong
12. During his presidency, Richard Nixon's diplomacy brought about a time period of reduced Cold War tensions known as...
B. New Federalism
13. Jimmy Carter's greatest diplomatic achievement was the
A. Iranian Hostage Crisis
B. Camp David Accords
C. Iran Contra Affair
D. Bay of Pigs
14. The attempt by the southern congressman to block integration regardless of the Brown vs. Board of Education ruling was known as the...
A. Communist Manifesto
B. Port Huron Statement
C. Massive Retaliation
D. Southern Manifesto
15. Both the 1920s and the 1950s shared a similarity in all of the following except....
A. spread of communism
B. fear of atomic weapons
C. a consumer economy
D. literary critiques of society
- 🤝Connect with other students studying AP US History with Hours.