Multiple Choice Practice for Early Contact with The New World
Welcome to Unit 1 AP US History Multiple Choice Questions
! Grab some paper and a pencil 📄 to record your answers as you go. You can see how you did on the Unit 1 Practice Questions Answers and Review sheet once you're done. Don't worry, we have tons of resources available if you get stumped 😕 on a question. And if solo study is not your thing, join a group in Hours
Not ready to take a quiz yet? Take a look at the Intro to Unit 1
Image courtesy of Pixabay
Facts about the test: The AP US History exam has 55 multiple choice questions and you will be given 55 minutes to complete the section. That means it should take you around 1 minute per question.
The following questions were not written by College Board and, although they cover information outlined in the AP US History Course and Exam Description, the formatting on the exam may be different.
1. All of the following are considered New England tribes except for...
2. Irrigation systems developed by Native Americans could be widely found in the....
A. Pacific Coast
3. Prior to 1607, most European people were...
D. factory workers
4. What was the artistic and cultural awakening during the 14th and 15th century known as?
A. Great Awakening
C. Industrial Revolution
D. Gilded Age
5. What individual is given credit for launching the Protestant Reformations in Europe?
A. John Calvin
B. Martin Luther
C. John Huss
D. Ulrich Zwingli
6. What was responsible for the most deaths among Native American people prior to 1607?
B. natural disasters
7. As a result of their conquests, conquistadors from Spain often received......from the crown.
B. indentured servants
8. What social system developed as a result of the intermixing of races resulting from trans-Atlantic exploration?
A. caste system
B. class system
C. encomienda system
D. columbian exchange
9. All of the following illnesses travel from the Old World to the New World except...
A. Yellow fever
10. Prior to 1588, the wealthiest nation in Europe was...
11. What was the economic system calling for a favorable balance of trade based upon a limited supply of gold and silver?
A. the barter system
12. As Portugal began to develop sugar plantations in Brazil, the planters initially used .....as their labor source.
A. indentured servants
B. African Slaves
C. Indigenous peoples
13. What was one of England's first colonies that mysteriously disappeared in the late 16th century?
C. St. Augustine
14. What were the organizations developed by English merchants to offset the costs of exploration?
B. joint-stock companies
15. Which of the following goods in the Columbian Exchange benefited the people of Eurasia?