Multiple Choice Practice for the Age of Reformation
Welcome to Unit 2 AP Euro Multiple Choice Questions
! Grab some paper and a pencil 📄 to record your answers as you go. You can see how you did on the Unit 2 Practice Questions Answers and Review
sheet once you're done. Don't worry, we have tons of resources available if you get stumped 😕 on a question. And if solo study is not your thing, join a group in Hours
Not ready to take a quiz yet? Take a look at the Intro to Unit 2
Image courtesy of Pixabay
Facts about the test: The AP Euro exam has 55 multiple choice questions and you will be given 55 minutes to complete the section. That means it should take you around 1 minute per question.
The following questions were not written by College Board and, although they cover information outlined in the AP Euro Course and Exam Description, the formatting on the exam may be different.
1. Who was the Christian humanist who spoke out against problems within medieval society and the Catholic Church?
B. John Calvin
C. Martin Luther
D. Desiderius Erasmus
2. What was Luther's "95 Theses" specifically addressing?
A. The lack of education for priests
B. The holding of multiple church offices.
C. Nepotism within the Catholic Church
D. The sale of indulgences
3. Which of the following would best match Luther's new ideas about salvation?
A. Salvation through faith alone.
B. Salvation through faith and good works.
C. Salvation only through the Church.
D. Salvation through indulgences and good works.
4. Which group supported Luther and protected him from the Catholic Church?
A. Italian nobles
B. The Holy Roman Emperor
C. Some German princes
D. Henry VIII
5. What was the purpose of the Diet of Worms?
A. To reform the Catholic Church
B. To make Luther recant his written works and ideas
C. To discuss the peace treaty of the 30 Years War
D. To debate Luther on his ideas
6. In what ways did Lutheranism differ from Calvinism?
A. Calvinists believed in predestination while Lutherans did not
B. Only Lutherans believed in salvation by faith alone
C. Only Calvinists believed in all of the seven sacraments
D. Lutherans recognized the pope as the head of the Lutheran church
7. How did Henry VIII's Anglican Reformation differ from previous religious reformations?
A. Problems with scripture
B. Religious reform
C. Disagreement over the Seven Sacraments
D. Political autonomy
8. What meeting did the Catholic Church call after the Protestant Reformation to address its issues that the Reformation brought to light?
A. Diet of Worms
B. Council of Trent
C. Peace of Westphalia
D. The Inquisition
9. Which of the following was not a change made by the Catholic Church following the Reformation?
A. Priests were required to be educated
B. Indulgences could no longer be sold
C. The Catholic Church agreed with the idea of salvation by faith alone
D. Priests could not hold multiple offices
10. How did the Jesuits aid the Catholic Church?
A. They spread Catholicism by promoting religious education
B. They force converted Lutherans back to Catholicism.
C. They wrote propaganda that aided the Catholic Church
D. They translated the Bible from latin to more common languages
11. What was the most violent act of the French Wars of Religion?
A. St. Bartholomew’s Day Massacre
C. Battle of White Mountain
D. Diet of Worms
12. What family ruled France following the end of the French Wars of Religion?
A. Valois Family
B. Bourbon Family
C. Tudor Family
D. Guise Family
13. What country did the Dutch work to gain their independence from?
A. The Russians
B. The French
C. The English
D. The Spanish
14. The Peace of Westphalia reestablished which prior act?
A. The Diet of Worms
B. The Treaty of Versaille
C. The Peace of Augsburg
D. The Council of Trent
15. In which of the following ways did the Peace of Westphalia physically change Europe?
A. Germany was unified
B. Austria absorbed much of the Holy Roman Empire
C. France lost a significant amount of territory
D. Brandenburg-Prussia grew in size and strength