Multiple Choice Practice for Political and Economic Changes and Development Concepts
Welcome to Unit 5 AP Comp Gov Multiple Choice Questions! Grab some paper and a pencil 📄 to record your answers as you go. You can see how you did on the Unit 5 Practice Questions Answers and Review
sheet once you're done. Don't worry, we have tons of resources available if you get stumped 😕 on a question. And if solo study is not your thing, join a group in Hours
Not ready to take a quiz yet? Start studying unit 5 Here: Intro to Unit 5
Image From Pixapay.
Facts about the test: The AP Environmental Science exam has 55 multiple choice questions and you will be given 1 hour to complete the section. That means it should take you around 17 minutes to complete 15 questions.
*The following questions were not written by CollegeBoard and although they cover information outlined in the AP Comp Gov Course and Exam Description
1. Which of the following is NOT a result of Mexico's economic liberalization policies?
A. Growth of the middle class
B. Reduction of the income gap between urban and rural areas
C. The rise of the Zapatista movement
2. Which of the following are examples that involve private ownership of industry and capital?
A. China's special economic zones and Nigeria's National Petroleum Corporation
B. China's one-child policy and Iran's Nuclear Deal
C. Putin's re-nationalization of oil and Mexico's high rates of femicide
D. The Troubles in the UK and Mexico's involvement of NAFTA
3. What is the process where a state reduces its economic role and embraces free market mechanisms?
D. Economic liberalization
4. What is the term that includes economic networks and reduction in state control over economies?
B. The internet
D. Economic globalization
5. In which countries has economic liberalization affected migration patterns?
A. China and Nigeria
B. Nigeria and the UK
C. Mexico and China
6. What country allows the most private control of natural resources?
7. What country allows the least private control of natural resources?
8. Which of the following is NOT a reason governments response to global market forces?
A. Improve domestic economic conditions
B. Control domestic political debates
C. Extend national influence
D. Improve the economic conditions of other nations
9. Which of the following is NOT a way international and supranational organizations influence policymaking?
A. Organizations can exert influence through preconditions for financial assistance
B. Supranational organizations can apply sovereign power over member states
C. Organizations incentive countries through lottery system programs
D. Countries may bolster their own industries to reduce foreign dependence
10. Which of the following describes an energy policy by the Russian government?
A. Collaborated with surrounding nations to produce oil
B. Privatized the gas industry for efficiency
C. Created special economic zones
D. Renationalized the oil industry for more governmental control
11. Why do country's adopt austerity measures?
A. To lower budget deficits
B. To control
C. To reduce dependence on oil
D. To expand welfare policies
12. What is a result of immigration in the UK?
A. Rise in gas prices
B. Social and political tensions
C. Fewer government restrictions on the economy
D. More diverse politicians
13. How has China responded to demographic pressures?
A. Discouraging discrimination against minorities
B. Restricting CCP membership to men only
C. Instating the One Child Policy
D. Providing education about family planning
14. What is it called when a state obtains a sizable percentage of total revenue from oil.
A. Rentier State
B. Economic State
C. Authoritarian State
15. What is a reason for constituent demands in the UK for cheaper health care?
A. Increased tax burden for the rich
B. Increased tax burdens for the aging population
C. High rates of immigration
D. New neoliberal policies